To get the full benefit from your Rectrix goalkeeping gloves it’s very important to buy the right size. If your hands are comfortable and flexible you’ll feel more confident in handling the ball. And the more confident you feel, the better you’ll perform in matches.
Here’s how to measure your hand and select your most suitable glove size.
How To Measure Your Hand
- Use a ruler or tape measure to measure the length (in cm) from the bottom of your palm to tip of your middle finger.
- Always try to measure from the crease that marks the start of your wrist (as shown in the diagram below).
- Use the Rectrix size chart to determine your recommended glove size.
Example: if your Hand Length measures 19.5cm, then you’re a size 9. But if you prefer a loose fit, you may consider going up to a size 10.
Your Fitting Preference – Very Important
Do you have a specific preference as to how you like your GK gloves to fit?
Rectrix gloves are designed to fit naturally to the shape of your hands in order to maximise strength and grip. This means that our gloves are slightly tighter than some other GK glove brands.
If you prefer a tighter fit…
- Follow the size chart. Don’t go down a size, as that’s likely to be too restricting.
If you prefer a looser fit…
- Go up one size. You should aim to have no more than a “pinch” of space at the end of the fingers.
Note: when your Rectrix gloves first arrive they’ll feel tighter than usual. This is due to the protective plastic film across the latex palms. They’ll begin loosen up once you’ve peeled the film off and used the gloves a few times.