To get the full benefit from your Rectrix goalkeeping gloves it’s very important to buy the right size. If your hands are comfortable and flexible you’ll feel more confident in handling the ball. And the more confident you feel, the better you’ll perform in matches.
Here’s how to measure your hand and select your most suitable glove size.
How To Measure Your Hand
Follow the simple guidelines below:
- Use a ruler or tape measure to measure the width (in mm) from the inside of your thumb across your palm, to the opposite side of your hand.
- Always take a straight line measurement, and do not measure around the back of the hand.
- Now use the Rectrix size chart to determine your recommended glove size.
This example hand is a size 10.
Your Fitting Preference – Very Important
Do you have a specific preference as to how you like your GK gloves to fit?
Rectrix gloves are designed to fit naturally to the shape of your hands in order to maximise strength and grip. This means that our gloves are slightly tighter than some other GK glove brands.
If you prefer a tighter fit…
- Follow the size chart. Going down a size is likely to be too restricting for most GKs.
Due to the natural fit of our gloves, going down size could create extra stress on the materials and may lead to premature wear or even splits. We don’t recommend it.
If you prefer a looser fit…
- Go up one size. You should aim to have no more than a “pinch” of space at the end of the fingers.
Many goalkeepers like to have some extra space around their hands/fingers, for easy movement and extra comfort. But note that the downside to loose-fitting gloves is that they will weaken your grip on the ball.